Policy Support Unit (PSU)
Policy Support Unit (PSU) Director
- University degree in Economics or relevant disciplines at a minimum.
- Advanced degrees will be highly regarded.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Microsoft Software programs
Work Experience Requirement:
The successful candidate must possess relevant experience in economic or trade policy or policy-oriented research.
Demonstrated performance should be able to be provided in the areas of:
- Issue and project management including the supervision of staff and external consultants and researchers;
- Undertaking specific tasks as directed;
- Well developed planning and organisational skills to coordinate and prioritise tasks to achieve required outputs;
- Well developed oral communications and interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to team work by supporting and contributing to the work of others when needed;
- A high level of integrity;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently;
- Flexibility and a constructive approach to tasks
Policy and research experience at the international level will be highly regarded.
Experience in a multi-cultural environment will be highly regarded.
- Under broad direction, undertake analytical and/or quantitative policy-oriented research relevant to the PSU’s work program on regional economic integration
- Prepare related research, policy papers and reports.
- Manage research projects undertaken by researchers and consultants contracted by the PSU.
- Contribute to the planning, design and execution of PSU projects.
- Liaise with APEC economies, business representatives and international organisations and fora.Attend meetings and represent the PSU as required.
- Supervise subordinate staff as required.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the PSU Director.
The candidate must be from an APEC member economy.
The position is located in Singapore. The remuneration package for successful applicants will be competitively set to take into account ability, educational qualifications and experience and will include access to performance related bonuses.
Applications must include a cover letter and a resume detailing your qualifications detailing your relevant qualifications, experience, references and expected salary. Applications should reach us no later than 22 May 2011 (GMT+8) email@example.com or sent to PSU Administrative Executive, APEC Policy Support Unit, 35 Heng Mui Keng Terrace, Singapore 119616 or faxed to (65) 6891-9419. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.