The British Embassy Jakarta is searching for an Economist.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Economist will be responsible for the following:
– Undertake projects and influencing activities which promote the UK’s interests (ie assisting the economic development of Indonesia, developing UK exports, and delivering Indonesian policy decisions aligned with UK objectives in international fora such as the G20).
– Providing (in fluent English) timely, accurate and concise analysis and information which enables UK economic policymakers to make sound policy decisions for UK policy and programming in Indonesia and throughout the region.
– Carry out line management responsibilities in line with FCO best practice, including managing and developing Prosperity Fund projects.
The Economist reports to Team Leader, SE Asia Regional Economic Team (based in Singapore), and is a part of the Prosperity Team in British Embassy Jakarta.
· Have strategic awareness and also attention to detail
· Strong written and oral communications skills and fluent in English
· Be flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard
· Able to manage and develop staff
· Have personal drive and the ability to work with little supervision, as well as a team player
· Have the ability to work with people from any level and background
· Minimum 3, preferably 6-7, years of experience in economic policy research
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preference for Master’s degree in economics or business
· Preferably have experienced a similar role in another Embassy or international organisations
· Be computer literate and familiar with MS Office.
· Be willing to start the employment with a fixed two-year direct contract(NOT via outsourcing agency).
The successful candidate will be subject to internal confirmation of a background and security clearance and, in relation to this, will need to arrange his/her own Police Certificate. You must also have the permit to work in Indonesia in order to apply.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation, and operates a no-smoking policy.
For the candidate who has the right skills and experience, the British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, generous leave entitlement and training package.
Please send: a one-page covering letter in English,
a reference letter from each of your previous employers and your latest CVspecifying your salary history
by 23 October 2011, by email only to HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only candidates who are successful in the initial sift of applications
will be contacted to attend an interview.
For more detail please visit www.ukinindonesia.fco.gov.uk/vacancy